What is orthodontic treatment?
Orthodontic treatment is a specialized dental treatment provided by a highly qualified dental profession, to diagnose and correct irregularities of the teeth and/or developing jaws and to further improve the function and appearance of the mouth and face using braces.
Orthodontics is a branch of dentistry is about making the best of your teeth and jaws; it does about improve the harmony of your mouth and jaws. Once you can bite correctly as a group, you can eat more comfortably and care for your teeth and gums more easily. And your smile will benefit immensely!
The benefits of orthodontic include:
- Removal of dental teeth crowding or closing spaces between teeth
- Alignment of the lower and upper dental arches
- Correction of the teeth bite so that the front teeth meet on closing and the rear teeth mesh together
- Reducing the likelihood of damage to prominent teeth
- Enhancing facial aesthetics
- Accommodating impacted, not erupted or displaced teeth
- Preparation for advanced dental treatment, such as crowns, bridges or dental implants
- Reversing the drifting of the teeth in older patients who have suffered from advanced gum disease
The main common reasons patients seek Orthodontic treatment are:
- Protruding upper front teeth – one of the most common dental problems
- Crowding – a narrow jaw may mean there is not enough room for your teeth, resulting in crowding. Conversely, some patients have significant gaps between their teeth.
- Asymmetry – particularly when the centre lines of the upper and lower front teeth do not match, perhaps because the teeth have drifted or the position of the jaw has shifted.
- A deep bite – when your upper teeth cover the lower teeth too much
- A reverse bite – when your upper teeth bite inside the lower teeth
- An open bite – when your front teeth remain apart when your back teeth meet; the tongue is often still visible between the upper and lower front teeth.
- Impacted teeth – in some patients, secondary teeth come through in the wrong position or do not erupt at all. Orthodontic treatment can help bring these teeth into the correct position
Braces vs Invisalign?
Invisalign do not surpass this orthodontic treatment in addressing complex issues with your back teeth, requiring tooth rotation or vertical movement of tooth, where Invisalign treatment may not even be an alternative. Midway dentists are highly experienced with both braces and Invisalign treatments and can recommend the most effective treatment after your initial complimentary consultation at the dental clinic.
How much do braces cost?
Treatment starts from $5500 for Orthodontics. Nevertheless, take the opportunity to discuss various treatments available and payment options during your initial complimentary consultation. Midway Dental Clinic offers affordable costs for this treatment.
Our Dental Clinic Locations for Orthodontic treatment
Midway Dental Clinics are conveniently located in Ashfield to service the Inner West Sydney, NSW and in Ryde to service the Sydney City regions of North West & Ryde, NSW and North Shore, NSW for all your Orthodontic dental services.
Midway Dental Clinic in Ryde, NSW on Google Map
Midway Dental Clinic in Ashfield, NSW on Google Map
Please call us for an appointment and seek advantage of our complimentary initial consultation dental services.
Midway Dental Clinic are conveniently located in Ashfield and Ryde, we offer FREE car parking at both the dental clinics and complimentary initial consultation.