Dr. Rekha, Dr. Ine and Dr. Vinay all share a passion in braces for kids, having a combined experience in orthodontic treatment of well over 25 years. This means your child will not need to be referred to a specialist (ie. orthodontist) in most cases.
Why should you bring your child in for an early orthodontic assessment?
It is important for you, the parent, to know that braces for kids has changed and improved dramatically. At Midway Dental Clinic, we believe in identifying problems as early as 6 years of age for the following reasons:
- We can prevent a little issue from becoming a big problem
- We can greatly reduce your child’s time in braces or avoid braces completely with simple mouth appliances during primary or teen ages
- Teeth move easier and more quickly when growing as the bones are still developing – this makes treatment so much simpler!
- A lot of orthodontic issues begin with breathing and tongue problems – we will discuss and investigate this with you
At Midway Dental Clinic, we aim to complete braces for kids without having teeth removed.
What are some of the problems your child can have?
- Crowding or too many spaces between teeth
- Missing teeth or teeth which have not come out
- Incorrect bites such as:
- Cross-bites – where the lower teeth are biting outside of the upper teeth
- Deep bites – where the upper front teeth cover most or all of the lower front teeth
- Open bites – where the upper and lower front teeth do not meet
- The upper and lower jaws are misaligned (ie. upper jaw is too far forward or lower jaw is too far back)
So what’s the A to Z?
A consult with us first involves an in-depth discussion of what you and your child want from braces treatment as well as your options. We take full orthodontic records including high-quality, digital photos and moulds of the upper and lower teeth.
The next time we see you, the braces are on in a flash!
From here, you’ll see us every 4-6 weeks for adjustments and treatment usually lasts between 1-2 years.
Braces costs start from $5500, and prices will vary depending on what you and your child want.
Book now for a consult today!